It is hot hot hot.
The thing I really like about Fox Glove (apart from its incredible world class food) - is that it focuses on cocktails rather than wine - I'm "wined out" - as it is so dam cheap these days - orange juice is more expensive!
I'm all for Wellington being the mixology capital of the world (even though some would say a 'mixologist' is a wanky name for a bartender).
They have spent a million dollars on the fit-out - and it is fantastic.
I shared a grouper plate - being poor these days (lunch time menu)- it was supreme.
Take a look at the menu!
- Bread w butter & extra virgin olive oil 6.5
- Salt roasted olives w rosemary, lemon, EVO 8.5
- Flatbread w cedar smoked snapper, Tio Pepe sherry & dill fromage dip 9
- Natural oysters w vinegar tubes - cabernet sauvignon, smoked chipotle, soy, 19 (6)
- saporosso balsamic, chardonnay, white balsamic
- Wagyu bresola, cabernet pear, Prosciutto di Parma, Jamon Serrano, ciabatta 16
- Goats cheese & mozzarella balls w palm sugar & manuka honey drizzle 13.5
- Porcini & sage risotto balls w roasted garlic & chive mayonnaise 13.5
- Hot wings w smoked New Orleans sauce, celery & gorgonzola 15
- Foxglove mixed grill w double yolk egg, bacon, chorizo, mushrooms & shallots 19.5
- Scrambled eggs on ciabatta w fresh herbs, streaky bacon or smoked salmon 14.5
- Handmade crumpets with poached peaches & orange ricotta fromage blanc 13
- Omelette w Prosciutto di Parma, roasted tomato & mozzarella 16
- Poached eggs on toast w wilted spinach, bacon & hollandaise sauce 17.5
- Beer battered market fish w hand-cut fries & chunky tartare sauce 22.5
- Caesar salad w cos, parmesan, streaky bacon, “anchovy caviar”, egg yolk & creamed dressing 17
- Vine tomato, basil, buffalo mozzarella salad w garlic toasted ciabatta 17.5
- Compressed duck terrine w apple gelee, parfait & toasted brioche 15.5
- Aged Black Angus eye fillet w French fries, fried egg, horseradish béarnaise & jus 29.5
- Pan roasted groper fillet w broccolinni, shaved almonds, preserved lemon & caper dressing 28.5