Te Kairanga Winery

This is another favourite wine maker of mine.

It is not situated in Marlborough but instead sunny Martinborough in the Wairarapa.

I guess you would say Te Kairanga is situated out the back of Martinborough - in an absolutely lovely setting.

I would recommend taking a picnic out there - and enjoying a wine tasting.

Once when I was visiting - they were holding a party for their shareholders... I can tell you those shareholders were very very lucky.

I guess it is a private company - if not -  I'd be buying shares just for the annual party.

The wine itself is delicious.

I recommend the John Martin Reserve Pinot Noir 2006 myself - a real treat.

I am also a fan of the art work they have re: their wine labels. It is very classy - it feels like a real treat when you buy a bottle of their wine.

http://www.tkwine.co.nz/



Comments